Wednesday, March 17, 2021

International Womans Day DLO

 Donna Wilkins


All about Donna

Donna was born on the 29th of april 1978 in Rangiora Nz. She is married to Mike and has three children. Donna was a professional basketball and netball player for Nz


Her Achievements Are

She has played for the Silver Ferns, Tall Ferns, Connecticut Suns usa and Canberra Capitals aus. 

Donna has also succeeded in competing in the 1998 Commonwealth Kuala Lumpur, 2000 Olympics Sydney, 2002 Manchester, 2004 Olympics Athens and the 2006 Commonwealth Melbourne.


Starting out

Donna began playing at the age of eight and began getting noticed while she was a teenager, getting selected at sixteen to play for Canterbury netball in 1994. She played for Canterbury for two years before being selected for the Silver Ferns in 1996.


Personally

Donna is a driven strong lady who works hard, she shows flexibility and skill being able to play sports at an international level. Over the years she has faced criticism but has always remained professional.


I admire Donna as my aunty and as a player as she has played these sports for so many years, showing commitment and still managing to run her family and farm!


Donna says

My high school principal asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said “to play both basketball and netball for Nz” His reply was it won’t happen. He had to apologize when I gave a talk at the school.


No comments:

Post a Comment